"Going natural” is gaining more and more popularity these days, but styling natural hair can be both time and energy consuming.
We as women want to make sure that we take care of our hair, but it tends to get overwhelming if we don’t have the time to style a new hairdo every day.
The most important thing to focus on when dealing with natural hair is it's health. You want to make sure that your hair is moisturized, detangled, and styled in ways that protect your strands. These styles are usually referred to as protective styles.
What are Protective Hairstyles?
Protective hairstyles tuck your hair away and keep it free from manipulation. They help guard against breakage or damage from the elements. They’re the go-to for natural hair protection. You can get very creative with protective styles.
That being said, there are styles that result in too much tension on the scalp if left in for too long. This can lead to scalp irritation and even hair loss, so having another way of protecting your natural hair is definitely going to help alleviate that pressure.
When it comes down to other ways of protecting your hair, you want to make sure that whatever you do looks natural and goes with your unique sense of style. It’s also worth it to find a solution that doesn’t require a lot of time and expertise. This will make it so much easier to get ready, especially on short notice, or when you don’t feel like going all out to be presentable.
Expense also plays a part here. Certain types of styles and regular visits to professionals can deplete your pockets and leave you wishing there was a better way.
So, time and energy, plus hair protection that doesn’t break the bank, and amazing style, along with the comfort that comes with a simple hairdo? Is it even possible?
The Ultimate Alternative to Protective Styles
It might seem like something out of a fantasy story, but there are ways to protect your hair and have amazing style without breaking the bank. At Protect Our Hair, our mission is to empower and connect women through hair. We advocate for taking care of your natural hair, and never for covering it up or being ashamed of it.
However, there are times that you either need to throw your look together hurriedly or you just don’t want to dive into your natural hair to restyle to fit the look that you want. Sometimes, you just want your hair to rest. That’s where our wigs come in.
You may be new to the world of wigs or you might already know a thing or two. Regardless of your level of expertise, you’ll be able to install, adjust, and style any one of our wigs to your satisfaction. Let’s start with one of the more beginner friendly headband wigs: The Kinky Straight wig.
What are Headband Wigs?
Headband wigs come with a headband attached to the wig hair. Feel free to customize your look by overlaying different color and pattern headbands. Headband wigs are a great option when it comes to protecting your hair. The Kinky Straight wig from Protect Our Hair is:
- Easy to install - no lace cutting or glue required. You won’t need to cut lace just right or apply any kind of glue or heat to keep things in place. It’s easily styled, but is ready to wear right out of the box. Style as you would your actual hair. The pattern is kinky straight and can be worn straight or curled.
- Easy to adjust - the Velcro on the headband at the back allows you to adjust the grip the headband has on your head and keeps the wig securely in place. Set it once and forget it! Adjust it to your size and you’re all ready to step out. It’s that simple.
- Comfortable and Natural Looking - adjust to your head for a comfortable fit. The kinky Straight headband wig looks like natural 4c hair blown out and is a full and soft head of hair.
- Affordable - these wigs are very affordable and help save you so much money by taking control of your style and eliminating the need for expensive installs.
- Human Hair wigs - all of our headband wigs are human hair wigs and can be treated like your actual hair. Need a little direction for taking care of a human hair wig? Read our blog post on 5 Simple Tips for Taking Care of Your Human Hair Wig.
Natural hair is beautiful and amazing, and we need to protect every strand. Having more options to do so is always going to be a plus. Headband wigs from Protect Our Hair is a great place to start.
Busy day and no time to get ready to go out with friends? Throw on your kinky straight headband wig with your favorite outfit and makeup and you’re ready to go! Headband wigs are a great option for anyone, but beginners are going to really appreciate the ease of install and the comfortable and natural feel of this wig.
Need help deciding on a wig or have any other questions for us? Comment below or reach out on our socials. We're here to help. Keep slaying Beauties!